Serving Size: 4
1 lb. beef cube steak, cubed
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cinnamon stick
8 whole cloves
1 medium white onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced and cut into cubes
1 14oz can coconut milk
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes
4 oz. fresh green beans, trimmed
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice from ½ a lime
- In a large skillet or wok add 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Place cube steak in hot oil. Do not cook through, transfer to a plate and set it aside.
- Add remaining olive oil. Fry cinnamon stick and cloves in the oil, about 2 minutes. Remove spices and throw away.
- Stir in onion and bay leaves until onions begin to brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, curry, and ginger, sauté for 1minute. Stir in sweet potatoes, coconut milk, green beans and tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef back into the mixture; cook uncovered for another 5 minutes.
- Serve over ginger rice (see recipe) with lime juice and cilantro on top.
Leave a Reply