Serving Size: 4
4 beef cube steaks
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons milk
½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 slices mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons dried basil
3 tablespoons olive oil
15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour, salt and pepper. In a second bowl combine eggs and milk, whisk until smooth. In a third bowl combine bread crumbs, ½ cup of parmesan cheese and basil.
- In a large skillet add olive oil over medium-high heat. Coat cube steaks with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat again in bread crumb mixture. Place steaks in skillet, brown on both sides and remove quickly.
- Transfer to 13 x 9 greased glass baking dish.
- In another bowl combine tomato sauce, sugar, 1 teaspoon of oregano and garlic powder. Pour this mixture over the steaks. Place in oven and let bake 25 minutes.
- Place a slice of mozzarella on each steak. Add remaining parmesan and oregano on top. Bake for additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Leave a Reply