Serving Size: 4
4 beef cube steaks
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons shallots, minced
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
¾ cup dry red wine
¾ cup beef broth
salt and pepper
½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter. Add shallots and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and fresh thyme, sauté until mushrooms are tender. Add half of the flour and stir. Pour in red wine and beef broth and a little pepper. Add salt as preferred.
- Increase the heat until contents comes to a boil. Then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the rest of the all-purpose flour and desired amount of salt and pepper. Coat beef cube steaks with flour mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet add olive oil over medium-high heat. Place coated cube steaks in the hot oil. Brown on each side.
- Pour mushroom and wine sauce over the steaks, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Do not overcook.