Serving Size: 6
6 beef cube steaks
1 stick unsalted butter
1 large white onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
4 russett potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place butter in a large skillet. Once butter is melted add in steaks and brown on both sides. Remove from skillet.
3. Add in onions and garlic, cook until tender. Stir in mushrooms, soup, buttermilk, parsely and salt and pepper. Cook until hot, do not boil.
4. In a medium casserole dish place one layer of potatoes, carrots and beef. Pour soup mixture over top, repeat for a second layer with the final layer being potatoes.
5. Bake in oven, uncovered, for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.