Serving Size: 4
1 lb. beef cube steak, cut into 4 portions
1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes
½ cup red onion, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1 egg white
½ cup plain breadcrumbs
¼ parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup romano cheese, grated
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
4 cups arugula, chopped
¾ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
½ a lemon, juiced
- In a large mixing bowl combine tomatoes, onion and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In a shallow dish combine egg and egg white, whisk until smooth.
- In another shallow dish combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Season cube steak with salt and pepper. Dip each piece in the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet heat 3 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add cube steaks, cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Add Romano cheese to the tomato mixture. Add remaining 3 teaspoons of olive oil, arugula, basil and lemon juice. Toss until well coated.
- Serve cube steaks on top of the arugula and tomato salad.
Leave a Reply