Serving Size: 4
1 ½ lbs. beef cube steak
1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
½ cup white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup low-salt beef broth
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon corn starch
1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet pour in olive oil. When hot add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add peppers and onions, cook until tender but still crisp. Remove and set aside. Keep warm.
- (Add more olive oil if necessary into skillet). Place beef in skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side. Remove, set aside and keep warm.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine beef broth, corn starch, oregano and basil, whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into the reserved drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly until thick.
- Stir in cooked vegetables and tomatoes. Heat thoroughly. Serve over beef cube steak.