photo by Jenniferschwalm
Serving Size: 4
1 lb. beef cube steak
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
1 beef bouillon cube
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 package egg noodles, cooked
1. Cut beef into thin strips. Season both sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook mushrooms and onions in olive oil. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Place meet in the same skillet and brown lightly on both sides. Set aside with the vegetables.
4. Add flour to oil in the skillet, adding a little more oil if needed. Pour in beef broth, gradually. Stir continuously until thick.
5. Add tomato paste, mustard powder, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
6. Place vegetables and beef back into skillet. Cover and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
7. Pour in yogurt, stir and heat but do not let it boil.
8. Serve over egg noodles.
Serving Size: 8
2 lbs. beef cubed steak, cut into small strips
salt and pepper, to taste
4 oz. unsalted butter
½ tablespoon olive oil
4 green onions, discard green parts
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup low salt beef broth
10 oz. package baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ cup sour cream
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
4 cups cooked egg noodles
1. Season beef cube steak with salt and pepper.
2. Braise cube steak in large skillet over medium heat, remove and set aside.
3. Pour olive oil in skillet, add green onions. Saute for 5 minutes, remove and set aside with beef.
4. Stir in flour and beef broth, bring to a boil. Return beef and onions to the pan. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. 5 minutes before it is finished cooking mix in mushrooms, sour cream, white wine and parsley.
6. Serve over egg noodles.