Filed under: Beef Cube Steak, Beef Cube Steak Recipes, Ingredients, Skillet Beef Cube Steak, Uncategorized, Unique Spices
Serving Size: 4
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 small white onion, chopped
3 large garlic cloves, minced
4 beef cube steaks
3 teaspoons curry powder
2 cups beef stock
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh cilantro, garnish
1. In a large skillet pour in oil over medium heat. When hot add in onion and garlic. Cook until onions turn clear.
2. Then add in the cube steaks. Sprinkle in the curry, turn steaks over and sprinkle in the rest. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour in the beef stock and other ingredients. Bring to boil. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until beef is tender.
4. Serve on top of steamed Basmati or Jasmine rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
photo credit: avlxyz
Filed under: Beef Cube Steak, Beef Cube Steak Recipes, Ingredients, Unique Spices
photo by Gudlyf
Serving Size: 4
1 lb beef cube steak
1 tablespoon ground cumin
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 can sweet corn
2 tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place steaks in medium size baking dish. Season both sides of cube steak with cumin, salt and pepper and arrange in baking dish.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine corn, tomatoes, onion and cilantro – mix well.
4. Pour mixture over the beef cube steaks, cover with foil, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked.
Filed under: Beef Cube Steak, Beef Cube Steak Recipes, Skillet Beef Cube Steak, Unique Spices
photo by Jenniferschwalm
Serving Size: 4
1 lb. beef cube steak
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
1 beef bouillon cube
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 package egg noodles, cooked
1. Cut beef into thin strips. Season both sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook mushrooms and onions in olive oil. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Place meet in the same skillet and brown lightly on both sides. Set aside with the vegetables.
4. Add flour to oil in the skillet, adding a little more oil if needed. Pour in beef broth, gradually. Stir continuously until thick.
5. Add tomato paste, mustard powder, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
6. Place vegetables and beef back into skillet. Cover and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
7. Pour in yogurt, stir and heat but do not let it boil.
8. Serve over egg noodles.
Curry Powder is another unique spice that I can’t live without. When you add the right amount of curry to any barbeque dry rub recipe or barbeque sauce you won’t believe the difference in taste. Curry is used all over the world, but growing up in St. Louis Missouri I was not exposed to it often. Curry goes well with beef cube steak. I recommend slightly heating it to bring out the aroma of the spice in a warm skillet prior to applying to beef cube steak.
Fresh garlic has an amazing aroma. I recommend always using fresh garlic. Simple flatten the garlic clove with the blade of a butcher knife applying a little pressure. This will separate the garlic from its shell and encourage the juices to come out. Garlic will spices up most of my beef cube steak recipes.
Turmeric is not a well know spice here in the states. It is a South Asian spice usually used in Indian recipes. Some of the benefits of Turmeric besides is unique taste have been linked to healthy teeth and the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. I like to heat this spice on an iron skillet before adding it to my favorite barbeque dry rub recipes. Turmeric complements chicken very well.