Filed under: Beef Cube Steak, Beef Cube Steak Recipes, Fried Beef Cube Steak
Serving Size: 6
2 lbs. cube steak
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1. In an iron skillet add oil and allow it to heat.
2. Pound each cube steak between plastic wrap until thin with a cleaver.
3. Take 2 mixing bowls add milk to one and in the other combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
4. Dip each cube steak into the milk and dredge through the flour mixture on both sides.
5. Add to skillet in hot oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Serve with gravy.
photo credit: William Woodward (Woody)
Serving Size: 4
4 beef cube steaks
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 medium onion, thinly diced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat steaks and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown steaks, less than a minute on each side.
- Reduce heat. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, onions, and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook for additional 10 minutes.