Chicken Fried Cube Steak
Serving Size: 6
2 lbs. cube steak
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1. In an iron skillet add oil and allow it to heat.
2. Pound each cube steak between plastic wrap until thin with a cleaver.
3. Take 2 mixing bowls add milk to one and in the other combine the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper.
4. Dip each cube steak into the milk and dredge through the flour mixture on both sides.
5. Add to skillet in hot oil. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Serve with gravy.
photo credit: William Woodward (Woody)