Beef Cube Steak Stroganoff II
photo by Jenniferschwalm
Serving Size: 4
1 lb. beef cube steak
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 package fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth
1 beef bouillon cube
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 package egg noodles, cooked
1. Cut beef into thin strips. Season both sides with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook mushrooms and onions in olive oil. Remove and set aside in a bowl.
3. Place meet in the same skillet and brown lightly on both sides. Set aside with the vegetables.
4. Add flour to oil in the skillet, adding a little more oil if needed. Pour in beef broth, gradually. Stir continuously until thick.
5. Add tomato paste, mustard powder, garlic powder, basil, and oregano.
6. Place vegetables and beef back into skillet. Cover and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
7. Pour in yogurt, stir and heat but do not let it boil.
8. Serve over egg noodles.