Braised Beef Cube Steak
Serving Size: 4
1 1/2 lb. beef cube steak
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 green onions, finely diced
1 teaspoon corn starch, diluted in 1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon thyme, ground
kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet add 3 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Once oil is hot place cube steak in it and brown on both sides. Remove and set aside, keep warm.
2. Add remaining oil to skillet. Add garlic first, cook for 1 minute. Then add green onions. Cook for 2 minutes longer.
3. Stir in corn starch mixture, thyme, and salt and pepper. Stir continuously until it begins to thicken.
4. Place cube steak back in skillet. Cover and set on low and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Remove and serve over smashed potatoes.